Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PAVILION NOTEBOOK 14-AB154CA removing bottom cover need screw tool cd rom

PAVILION NOTEBOOK 14-AB154CA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm a tech and thought I had all the necessary tools I needed but I do not and can't seem to find a screwdriver or Phillips that fits those two silver screws that holds that part of the top down. This is the area where I have removed the DVD drive.

Can anyone tell me what the heck the size is because even my eyeglass repair screwdriver is to big. I can't seem to get HP direct assistance so I'm asking you. 

2 REPLIES 2
Zski Tutor
Tutor
12 8 1 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@murph456 wrote:

I'm a tech and thought I had all the necessary tools I needed but I do not and can't seem to find a screwdriver or Phillips that fits those two silver screws that holds that part of the top down. This is the area where I have removed the DVD drive.

Can anyone tell me what the heck the size is because even my eyeglass repair screwdriver is to big. I can't seem to get HP direct assistance so I'm asking you. 

#000 phillips or Torx T1 are possable sizes, but not cross compatable. Either bit will feel the hole,but the wrong bit will not engage. You really need to think about getting a full jewler's tool kit if you plan on working on portable computers.

I guess your talking about those very tiny screw in washer thingies that blur to me without the flip mag glasses. A while back some of these micro screws appeared in micro Torx rather than phillips. First time I encountered one the air turned blue...

0 Kudos
murph456 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh how I wish it were that easy. I do have a jewlers kit or what I thought was one since I purchased it as a laptop repair kit with the smallest of the Phillips. These two acres are silver in color and you can only see them after the cd drive is removed from the bay. Thanks for trying . 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation