cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

PCIe NVMe SSD and maximal capacity for 15-bc412nc

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-bc412nc

Hello,

I have question regarding adding SSD drive to my HP Pavilion 15-bc412-nc. In the Maintenance and service guide I've read that my model supports only M.2 SATA storage. I would probably like to keep my 1TB HDD and add SSD. In the guide it also says, that dual storage configuration is set as:

1 TB, 5400 rpm, 9.5 mm/7.2 mm hard drive + 128 GB SATA, TLC, M.2 solid-state drive

But that probably just means that this is the configuration this model is being sold with, right? Meaning there's no actual limitation to SSD capacity.

Another thing is that David in this post says, that you can have an SSD with NVMe interface for (almost) the same model, which conflicts the Maintenance and service guide.

So I would like to know these two things:

1) Is it possible to have an SSD drive bigger then the aforementioned 128 GB for that particular laptop model?

2) Do I need to buy a drive with the older M.2 SATA interface (as said in the guide) or is it really possible to use the newer PCIe NVMe (as David says in the post mentioned earlier) in this laptop?

I know these questions were probably answered before but I really want to be sure (especially when those answers conflict the information found in the guide).

Hoping to hear from you soon,

Petr

1 REPLY 1
Level 19
Level 19
88,430 88,315 11,280 24,232
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kasparp 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c06074150

You should be able to add M.2 NVMe or SATA SSD drive to your machine. It is safer to use SATA.

The size is huge but due to physical limitation (single sided 2280) you can use 2TB or even 4TB drives on market today.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation