Did you mean: 
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Part number for HP Pavillion dv6

HPdv6

Hello!   Can anyone help me find a Sunon Maglev MF60120V1-C181-S9A?  its a replacement fan for my Pavillion dv6.  

We opened it up and that is the actual fan.  Ebay and Amazon have folks selling generic, but I'd like the real McCoy but can't find it anywhere.

Thanks so much!

Kingfisherbb

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,557 7,976
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kingfisherbb

To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop???

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
579 562 69 150
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

Welcome to forum kingfisherbb.

HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment

Fan/heat sink assembly (includes replacement thermal material) For use only with computer models equipped with graphics subsystems with discrete memory 579158-001

More info:http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01860375.pdf

HP Pavilion dv6

Fan/heat sink assembly

665286-001 — For use only with computer models equipped with an AMD processor and a graphics subsystem with discrete memory

665285-001 — For use only with computer models equipped with an AMD processor and a graphics subsystem with UMA memory

665354-001 — For use only with computer models equipped with an Intel processor and a graphics subsystem with 2048-MB discrete memory

665355-001 — For use only with computer models equipped with an Intel processor and a graphics subsystem with 1024-MB discrete memory

665353-001 — For use only with computer models equipped with an Intel processor and a graphics subsystem with UMA memory

More info:http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03015537

Part number is highlighted black.

To buy on ebay or Amazon just type the part number, you can also get from the following link:http://partsurfer.hp.com/

Press the icon""to say thanks, Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

I am an Hp expert in Spanish and I am a volunteer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for the nice reply.  How do I determine though what the graphics subsystem is and the size/amount of the discreet memory?

The actual fan is Sunon MagLev MF60120V1-C181-S9A.  But I cannot find a part number or replacement for the sucker anywhere.  Ebay and Amazon sellers sell a generic replacement that some folks review as not as good.

Thanks again!

Kingfisherbb

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,557 7,976
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kingfisherbb

Remove the memory service cover.

See if there is an HP sticker with a part number like this xxxxxx-xxx.

If there is not one there remove the memory and look to see if a sticker is there.

P7180956.jpg

That will be the system board part number.

With that we could give you the exact part number for the fan.

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there anything i can do to my HP dv6000 to enhance the performance of it?

More Memory? 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation