Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
leonfiso Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion 11n021 x 360 touchpad not working (no mouse at all on device manager)

Pavilion 11n021
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My Pavilion 11n021 x 360 touchpad is not working. Is not even at device manager. Should be under or as mouse. But after it stopped working, there's no mouse anymore on my device manager.

looks like is dead.

I already uninstall and install device driver several times, from hp recovery manager and from hp site file both.

Looks like is dead or turned off. Is there any hidden switch to turn it on, or any way to enable it?

5 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2314
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @leonfiso,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. :) I reviewed the post regarding the touchpad not working. I will be glad to assist you here.

You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.:) Terrific description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. :)

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this.

• Have you connected an external mouse and checked if the mouse works fine?
  • Did you check in recovery manager if the touchpad works to isolate the issue to being hardware or software related?

For a start, please connect an external mouse and check if it works. If it works, then the touchpad may be faulty and the unit may need to be serviced.

Then please check in recovery manager by navigating with the touchpad in recovery manager. If it does not work here, then the touchpad clearly has a hardware issue and the computer needs to be serviced.

Steps to go to recovery manager:

• Power down the unit. When you power it back up, immediately tap the F11 key gently several times.
  • It takes you to recovery manager. If F11 does not take you to recovery manager, please keep tapping the “ESC” gently several times the instant you power on the unit. It takes you to the startup menu and you could press F11 from there to go to recovery manager.
  • Here please check the touchpad and see if you are able to navigate using it. Do not perform a recovery. Just select the different options by clicking on it with the touchpad and check if the touchpad works.
  • If it works, then please follow all the prescribed steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-11-n000-x360-pc-series/6796818/model/6944054/docume... this should do the trick for you.
  • Also update the bios, chipset and touchpad drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers

• If the touchpad fails, in recovery manager, then please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced.
  • Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
  • Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.
  • They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

Please perform all the steps diligently and patiently as it may fix the issue for you if the issue is not hardware related.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
leonfiso Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well... I already have tested an external mouse, and it works just fine. I also have tested the touchpad at UEFI, and only the mouse arrow appears, withou any kind of response from the touchpad.

I'm going to change the touchpad and his flatcable, and hope that the problem is on it. If the problem isn't at the touchpad hardware or the flat cable, then probably, it is on the motherboard, and if it's so, there's no hope for the notebook.

Just as a last resource, if the change of touchpad and his flat cable doesn't work, i will try a restore to the factory settings.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2314
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @eonfiso,

Thanks for the reply. Brilliant effort and great troubleshooting. Hats off you for that. :)

It definitely is a  hardware issue with the touchpad. So replacing it could do the trick for you. You don't need to factory reset the notebook.

A good workaround would be to sync a wireless or Bluetooth mouse with the notebook and use it. It would be cost effective. You could order one from a local Best Buy or Staples store.

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. You've been commendable and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. :)

I genuinely hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time after replacing the touchpad if you decide to do it.

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. :)

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
leonfiso Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well... an external mouse is not an option for me, because when i bought this notebook i did because it is small, to use it everywhere, with touchscreen and touchpad. If the touchpad isn't work, there's no use for me anymore, sadly.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2314
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @leonfiso,

I read the post clearly and understand where you come from. In that case please try to replace the touchpad and check if that does the trick for you.

I have been amazed by your super technical skills and profound technical expertise. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you honestly. At least we have worked as a team in tandem to deduce that the touchpad could be faulty.

Also, I have honestly tried everything possible to assist you here in trying to get the issue corrected. But as it is hardware related the touchpad might have to be replaced.

Please keep me posted about the situation. I hope things pan out great for you and the computer with the replaced touchpad works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. :)

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation