Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Gaming AK041Tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

english is not my first language, so be prepared for broken grammar 😉

i just want to know if my laptop (AK041Tx) was ssd compatible as there are nowhere i can find about a depth specification for this, even in manual

another problem is i usually have "keyboard freeze" is there anyway to fix this?

thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your Service manual:

Manual

The Manual says you can install a SATA type M.2 drive, but reviewing the entire Manual I do not see any picture of where it is located. The hard drive is easy to see. See page 41 of the Manual.

This video, however, shows it at 1:44.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpgqgCoppYE

Now, you should know that some users have reported that the BIOS will not recognize an M.2 mSSD when installed. 

Also, you do not want to put an SSD in an optical drive bay as that interface is slower and a drive in that type of device is not bootable. 

You want to move the slow hard drive to an optical adapter and put a 2.5 inch SATA SSD in place of the original hard drive and then use the SSD as the boot disk. 

If you need more help post back. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
i forgot to ask that if mine wasn't compatible for m.2 ssd, could i replace it with DVD Optical disk drive ? if can it means that i need to use a regular ssd instead of m.2 one? thank!
HP Recommended

Your Service manual:

Manual

The Manual says you can install a SATA type M.2 drive, but reviewing the entire Manual I do not see any picture of where it is located. The hard drive is easy to see. See page 41 of the Manual.

This video, however, shows it at 1:44.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpgqgCoppYE

Now, you should know that some users have reported that the BIOS will not recognize an M.2 mSSD when installed. 

Also, you do not want to put an SSD in an optical drive bay as that interface is slower and a drive in that type of device is not bootable. 

You want to move the slow hard drive to an optical adapter and put a 2.5 inch SATA SSD in place of the original hard drive and then use the SSD as the boot disk. 

If you need more help post back. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.