Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Ketsuya Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Pavilion 15 Gaming AK041Tx m.2 ssd compatible?

HP Pavilion 15 Gaming AK041Tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

english is not my first language, so be prepared for broken grammar ;)

i just want to know if my laptop (AK041Tx) was ssd compatible as there are nowhere i can find about a depth specification for this, even in manual

another problem is i usually have "keyboard freeze" is there anyway to fix this?

thank you very much

2 REPLIES
Ketsuya Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i forgot to ask that if mine wasn't compatible for m.2 ssd, could i replace it with DVD Optical disk drive ? if can it means that i need to use a regular ssd instead of m.2 one? thank!
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37017 5579 9622
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Your Service manual:

Manual

The Manual says you can install a SATA type M.2 drive, but reviewing the entire Manual I do not see any picture of where it is located. The hard drive is easy to see. See page 41 of the Manual.

This video, however, shows it at 1:44.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpgqgCoppYE

Now, you should know that some users have reported that the BIOS will not recognize an M.2 mSSD when installed. 

Also, you do not want to put an SSD in an optical drive bay as that interface is slower and a drive in that type of device is not bootable. 

You want to move the slow hard drive to an optical adapter and put a 2.5 inch SATA SSD in place of the original hard drive and then use the SSD as the boot disk. 

If you need more help post back. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

How-to install / Upgrade M.2 Drive on HP Pavilion 15 - Gaming Laptop, QUICK AND EASY TO FOLLOW TUTORIAL. This laptop computer is a pain in the backside to get open, but its worth it once you do. It'll speed up your machine and get it back to work, better than ever. *** Protect your privacy online!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation