03-12-2011 02:33 AM
I've just recently bought a new Pavilion DV6 4020TX laptop and have noticed that it heats up much too quickly on the left side whilst i'm doing nothing too heavy. The most I do on this laptop is have a few mozilla firefox pages up and I can already fry an egg on the surface. I understand that the hard drive is located on the left hand side and am using a cooling pad but the laptop still gets unbearably hot to the point where I can barely rest my hand on the surface while typing. Seeing as it is quite new, like 2 weeks new, I highly doubt that this problem is due to dust/lint clogging the air vents.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot