05-05-2012 03:35 PM
The specs for the DV6-6c43cl say that 2 ports are USB 3.0, and the other 2 are 2.0. The userguide and manual are unclear, but I'm guessing that the two on the left are the 3.0 ports. Is this correct?
05-05-2012 03:42 PM
The Blue port are the USB 3.0 & The Black ports are 2.0. I believe this has answered your question.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
05-05-2012 07:21 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply.
It is hard to see the blue, but I think the ports on the right are blue, and the ones on the left are black.
I removed the USB 3.0 drive from the left (black), where I had it, and connected it to the left (blue). There was a message stating that the device would perform better if connected to a USB 3.0 port - which I didn't see before when I first connected it on the left.
So, I think it's the other way - the Black are 3.0, and the Blue are 2.0.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot