03-04-2014 09:25 PM
Hello everyone, I recently brought my Pavilion dv7 back to life only to find the screen is damaged. It seems pixelated, and several pixels are different colors on the screen. I've troubleshot multiple times and when I connect the laptop to an external display everything is perfect which leaves me to believe it is the hardware itself. I'd like to know where I could buy a replacemnt screen for my model, which is aparently nonexsistant to Google. Using "fn + esc" my model number is aparently: LW174UA#ABA but I cant seem to find any information on this model anywhere. Any help is appreciated.
03-04-2014 10:59 PM
Please use the following part store to get the right part # for your machine:
The full model of your machine is : "HP PAVILION DV7-6135DX NOTEBOOK ". The FIRST manual of the following link shows you how you can replace the screen yourself:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot