cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Pavilion X360 Screen Popping Out

HP Recommended
Pavilion X360

I purchased HP pavilion a little over a year ago and the screen popped out from the casing a couple of months ago. When it popped it caused the screen to crack as well. It is clear that this is not due to the negligent/sloppy usage but a manufacturing defect as I came across multiple complaints of the same exact nature. I spoke with a few of  HP customer service reps (need to mentions that one of them was extremely unprofessional, borderline rude) and was told that they can only fix it if I pay as it's outside of a 1 year warranty period. My confusion is that if it is a manufacturing defect and it gets fixed, who can give me an assurance the same exact issue won't happen again. There was a similar complain from AdrewRowse13 who's warranty expired but he still got his screen repaired by HP free of charge ( not the only person who's complaint was heard and resolved). I am asking for the same treatment of my case and request that HP repair the screen.

Below is AndrewRowse13's latest update where he communicates that he got a one time repair.

I had my laptop for a year and 1 month when the problems started to occur (go figure right after the 1 year warranty is over). I really do like the laptop. This problem, however, seems to be pretty common and seems to be an issue on their end. I must've been lucky and got the one time repair. Like I said, it seems like its a problem in manufacturing and assembling the laptop. They should cover it. Hope it works out
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation