09-25-2011 07:57 AM
Hi! I've an HP Pavilion dm1 3014 AU. I cannot get it to boot off an USB flash drive. I've changed the Boot order so that USB is on top. Still, when I press F9 to see Boot Order, I can only see/choose Notebook Hard Drive in the list. The laptop always boots into the installed Windows 7. Could anyone please help me boot from USB?
09-25-2011 08:56 AM
Does the memory stick appear as a drive in Windows after you boot up? The BIOS are very sparse and there are no relevant settings to change. Have you updated to the latest BIOS? Have you tried all the usb ports?
09-26-2011 01:22 AM
- Yes, the drive shows up in Windows as a drive
- The BIOS firmware is the latest one as available on the HP drivers page
- Yes, I've tried all 3 USB ports
Can't seen to be figure just what might be wrong.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot