10-28-2016 11:24 AM
Is there a hardware on-off switch for the touchpad on my notebook. I want to use an external mouse only. Also, the user manual for my machine doesn't seem to match my actual hardware on this topic.
10-31-2016 11:10 AM - edited 10-31-2016 11:11 AM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.
To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.
Want to disable the touchpad. Is that right?
Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.
I recommend you try the steps below and check if that Resolv_S the issue.
- Click on Start and then type Mouse.
- Navigate to Device settings.
- Then select Disable and then click on Apply and then Close.
- Restart the PC to check.
Hope this helps. Let me know for more.
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot