06-27-2012 03:41 PM
Hey everyone I have looked all around for this issue but have found nothing that seems to work. The problem is, when I start the computer up it says "Battery is below minimum" or something along those lines. Then it says (601) error. The problem is when I unplug my computer from the charger it dies instantly. The only way I can use my computer is when it is plugged in, it is very bothersome when I accidentally bump the charger and shut my computer off. If someone could please help me it would be very much appreciated! Thanks!
06-28-2012 07:09 AM - last edited on 04-19-2016 10:29 AM by OscarFuentes
The 601 error indicates that the storage capacity of your battery has fallen below 25% of its original capacity and will need to be replaced. For further information on battery error codes, please see the link below.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot