cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Pavilion dv6 Overheating.

HP Recommended

Mine is overheating like anything.. bought a new battery.. didn't get the free replacement one as I didn't know about it until it was too late.. so HP won't give me the free replacement one which is part of their recall!

Still is at about 90 degree Celsius.. and idles at a high temperature too!

The overheating I reckon has killed my hard drive so I have had to go out and buy a replacement hard drive.. it is very hot under the laptop.  It was giving me fatal errors due to overheating and turning itself off.

I told hp via their support chat of the issue and they told me to update the bios with the link they provided an that will solve the problem but it didn't...

I don't want more things to die or for a fire to happen.

Is there a class action with the dv6's overheating problem as it is quite common?  They should be fixing it for free!  I don't know what to do about it now.. but it is burning up!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 325 967
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@t4z

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Kevin..no private messages have been sent to me..

how come it says you edited my post? Thanks 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation