Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You're wasting your time. The only fix is to restore your laptop back to factory from startup. HP does not provide the drivers to fix. Nor do they stand by their warranty to repair an obvious manufacturer defect.

HP Recommended

My laptop is only 1 month old. The webcam worked just fine for two weeks then it stopped. I will have to call HP directly. This is crap...

HP Recommended

Welcome to the fan club. We all suffer the same inexplicable issue, with no solution.

HP Recommended

Hey, I am addition to the list.

I also purchsed it on 11th March and webcam stopped working since last two weeks.

HP needs to do something on this.

Is there any hope of getting is repaired or replaced.

HP Recommended

Device Manager says that Hp Truevision HD is enabled, however I cannot locate how to even open the webcam. I am not the brightest when it comes to computers, but I have had several friends unable to locate the device as well? Thoughts

HP Recommended

I know how to fix it drop and email address and I'll send a link. It really pissed me off, my cam has not worked for over six months.

HP Recommended

i have hp pavilion dv6 6010tx

and i am facing the same problem

webcam and microphone not working

i faced the same problem 4 months ago and got it fixed by restoring the factory settings

this is not the solution

now i cant restore my pc to its factory settings

what should i do now??

i installed drivers too many times but problem is still there

HP Recommended

Try using oovoo download it first. It will give you acces to the camera settings. http://www.oovoo.com/Download.aspx . Then check out a quick video I made to help show how to do it.

http://andrewoseph.com/html/photos.html click on the one that says hp truevision

HP Recommended

Oovoo does not fix the problem for those of us whose camera has completely disappeared from the system. There isn't even a driver in system settings.

HP has failed to recognize this is the issue. The issue is not associating a program or software with the camera. It's a problem with the drivers disappearing and HP does not support their hardware for this model to provide adequate resolution.

HP Recommended

I also rolled back my display adapters drivers in the device manager. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.