Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all, I'm new to this forums as I have just purchased a new HP Pavillion DV6-6137tx.  Unfortunately just like all of you, my webcam only worked for 5 mins and video just disappeared.  The indicator light lits up when I open YouCam or Skype video call, but there is no video at all.  HP support has gone through the whole process of uninstalling and reinstalling a whole heap of drivers with me yesterday but still no solution.  Hopefully someone here can help me out.

HP Recommended

@Shah130 wrote:

well

i hope it will be solved as there are too many afftected people 😛

lets see what happens

and yes 

welocme to the fan club 

webcam fan club rocks 😄

HAHA..  yeah, I didn't realize it was such a popular club until I had the problem last week.  I got it all fixed up now though with the white wire trick. Thanks to Baastian

HP Recommended

Hi. I did a system restore and still nothing. I was told to take it my local computer expert and they wil fix it under warranty!

HP Recommended
webcam not working
HP Recommended

my cam was not working properly when I was using YM for videocall.

HP Recommended

Thank you, thank you, thank you. My webcam stopped working months ago, and I couldn't find any solutions at the time.  Your trick worked! Hopefully the connector stays in there now, and I won't get any more USB malfunction notifications either :generic:

HP Recommended

Anyone that is having problems, someone suggested further up to take the plastic off around the edge of the screen so you can access the webcam from inside.  There is a small connector plug by the webcam that might have come loose.  If you squeeze it back together your webcam might work again.  Fixed my problem!

HP Recommended

until now my HP truevision HD was not working properly.

HP Recommended

{Personal Information Removed}

ref to cam not working, what did u do to fix it?

HP Recommended

my webcam is not working is there a way that i can it fixed this is some serious problem with hp

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.