Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hello dear friend,

I have been terribly disappointed about my hp pavilion dv6 built in cam (HD Truevision) because somehow it is working but most of the time it suddenly crashed and totally disappear. what can you advised me to do?

Thanks and regards,

chris

HP Recommended

Hello cmdc_28,

Your web cam is not working correctly.

Go into device manager, uninstall the web cam and restart the computer.

This will uninstall the driver for the web cam.

Here is a link on how to get to device manager.

Also go to control panel and uninstall cyber link you cam.

After the program is uninstalled, go to recovery manager and reinstall the program.

Here is a link that will walk you through the steps to reinstall programs.

Let me know how everything goes.

HP Recommended

I had tried everything then i got feed up and took off the panel around the screen, loosend the screen and my webcam was unplugged, i pluged it back in and it worked fine!  in the picture the red is where it pluggs in and my cord was right beside it.

securedownload.jpg

HP Recommended

Did that work for you? I had the same problem.  Got new dv6 laptop.  Really excited about webcam because my family lives across the country.  Webcam worked for 1 week and then BAM!, nothing.  I call support and the driver isn't even there.  They told me that a factory reset was the only option, so I did it, and there is still no webcam.  I had to go out and buy an external webcam, which is just wonderful since the reason I bought this particular laptop was that it had a webcam.  I hope it worked for you. For me, it was just a pain in the backside with no results.  If you haven't done it, don't go through the trouble.

HP Recommended

Hello wutsthisbutton.

Try the steps outlined in this thread.

Let me know if it helps!  Have a great weekend.  🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

I went to the device manager, and it has Imaging devices, but it doesn't say HP TrueVision HD... it says some USB Video Device. Either way, I did as I was told and the camera still doesn't work. I've disabled it, I've reinstalled it, I've even completely restarted my laptop.. the internal HP TrueVision HD will not work. It either says "Connect Camera" or "There's a problem with the camera" can ANYONE help me? its annoying because its brand new and I JUST got it as a graduation gift. Please Help.

HP Recommended

I have a dv6 laptop. bought it a year ago.

webcam stopped working about a month ago.

Called and got hp it to attempt to make internal webcam work again.

no success.

camera is detected and seen in device manager.

camera appears to come on as white light turns on when i open cyberlink.

but no image, i have no image. consulted the web to problem solve

nothing works, most problem describe on the net as camera not detected, mine is detected.

Anybody with suggestions would be appreciated.

I have not tried yet to restore to original setting. don't want to loose all installed programs.

HP Recommended

Pavilion dv6 hp true vision hd inbuilt webcam not working or even detected by any program !

HP Recommended

@timpeman wrote:

Please help  my HP TrueVision Webcam in not detected or on my brand new Pavilon dv6. It worked for the first week of April then it suddenly stopped working for YOU Cam or any video chatting. I have looked at devices and cannot figure out why it is not working. Please help.

Thank You,

Email me at {Personal Information Removed}

P.S. please help ASAP

Hello timpeman.

Try the steps outlined in this thread.

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

I need help for HP Pavilion 15-e007tu, same issue, web cam stopped suddenly n my system is just a week old. please help.
ID : {Personal Information Removed}

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.