08-01-2016 09:36 AM
I have the same problem documented in the thread: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-g6-Broken-Left-Hinge/t...
There isn't an option to post a reply to that thread.
The left hinge of my Pavillion G6 broke like quite a number of other G6s. When opening the laptop, the display works in some positions. In other positions, the display is completely white. The laptop top and bottom separate a bit while opening the laptop.
Was there a recall for this problem as there are quite a number of incidences of the left hinge breaking under normal usage?
08-01-2016 09:42 AM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot