Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-ce0068st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Problem is an external disk drive cannot be accessed and does not show up as a lettered drive with file explorer. The drive works on other PC's I have with windows 10. The computer sounds a confirmation that I attached the disk drive and it appears as "WD Drive Manager Devices" under Device Manager/Universal Serial Bus Controller.
I tried all suggestions: listed in Device Manager: scanning, disabling and enabling, shutting power. Under Properties it shows up as "Compatible USB storage device"; Port_#0001.Hub_#000. I did an "update driver" command but the message read "an appropriate driver already exits in the computer."

It used to work at one time but I can't say why this is not working now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.