10-16-2016 09:38 AM
Had this laptop for about 4 months, only use it for writing using Word, we don't store photos, music etc. All we have are word documents and the only things we installed are Bitdefender and Office.
This laptop has a 30gb hard drive as standard but we bought the one from HP that also has an additional 1TB drive. Despite telling the system to save and install all things to the larger drive, the smaller one is constantly getting full and not letting us do anything. When we go in to storage and try to delete all the temp files (about 3gb) it just sits there and doesn't delete anything.
Anyone else had this issue? Or does anyone know how to free up the smaller drive and get it to use the bigger one? Like I said before, everything is set up in the system options to save to the large drive. Am I missing something?
10-17-2016 02:15 PM
Update - sometimes the 1TB hard drive doesn't even appear! And the system resets all of the default saving locations as the constantly filling up 30gb drive. Have to reboot to get the large drive to appear.
10-18-2016 01:48 PM
Thank you for joining HP Forums.
I'll be glad to help you
As I understand the 32gb drive is being utilized by the computer more than the 1TB drive is and this is causing low disk space issues,
Don't worry as we should be able to work together and obtain more space on your drive:
- Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure.
- Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following:
- powercfg hibernate off
- Enjoy your extra space!
For a related link on HP Forums: Click here (Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern).
Resolving Low Disk Space Errors: Click here
If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.
I am an HP Employee
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot