Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
ValHP Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion x2 tablet not charging

Pavilion x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Pavilion x2 was shutting down without explanation. We discovered that my tablet was not charging when plugged into the main charge port. I have to disconnect the tablet and plug the power cord directly into the tablet for it to charge. Then when unplugged and reconnected to the keyboard, it loses it's charge fairly quickly and the computer shuts down. I have seen many discussions on this board pertaining to this issue. Is a fix available for this problem? 

5 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16982 1113 1806
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ValHP,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

I understand you are having charging issues on your HP Pavilion x2 notebook. I'll be really glad to help you with this,

To further diagnose this issue, I recommend following the steps below to successfully enable your computer to charge the battery:

To test and synchronize the battery to your computer, I recommend following this document on HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10). This should help maintain a charge on your notebook's battery.

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge 

Additionally, I also suggest following the steps below re-install the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery:

Step 1. Go to Device Manager
Step 2. Select Batteries
Step 3. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 4. Click Uninstall
Step 5. At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
Step 6. Shutdown the computer
Step 7: Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in

When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

Step 8. Go to Device Manager
Step 9. Select Batteries
Step 10. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 11. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

If the issue persists, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ValHP Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Holy moses give me strength to deal with company!

I followed all the directions you gave and neither fixed the issue. I then followed your directions and submitted the problem, receieved a case number and called. After being disconnected 3 times in the 30 minutes I tried calling, i finally got through to find out I was directed to the warranty department and my case number was registered to someone else. After completely retelling this issue to the person on the phone,  he told me he cannot help me. He then offered to transfer me to the out of warranty department.  I am glad I asked for the phone number before being transferred because I was almost immediately disconnected upon being transferred. Called the number back, was disconnected once. Called back and after being on hold for 15 minutes, the person who answered, instead of asking what the problem was, tried to sell me some sort of monthly support package.  Is this a joke?

Is there a person in the HP customer service team who helps their customers - in or out of warranty - fix an issue that is clearly a computer problem, not a user problem? I've seen countless reports on these forums from customers who have had the same issue appear out of nowhere. Surely, HP has found a way to address this wide spread problem. Please advise ASAP.

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16982 1113 1806
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ValHP,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

jed17 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Was a solution to this issue ever found?  I am experiencing the exact same issue.

0 Kudos
ValHP Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry this happened to you too. It is incredibly frustrating.

No there was not a solution. I contacted everyone at HP that I could possibly find. There were a bunch of what seemed to be automated responses telling me follow various steps to correct the issue. But nothing worked...probably because they were not addressing the actual issue.

Once I spoke to a human, I was told for a hefty fee I could send my computer to them, they would check it out and then I could pay for a potential fix and they would send it back. I use my computer everyday for work so that was not helpful. I also asked why they haven't come up with a guaranteed fix if so many people were having the same problem. Obviously, I did not get a response.

Short answer is you'll have to buy yourself a new computer :(

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation