2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Pavilion x360 14-ba022nw Upgrade possibilities

HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 14-ba022nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I would like to ask about Pavilion x360 14-ba022nw specifications and upgrade options and preferred modifications.
I see inconsistency about the maximum ram information. My seller told me that max is 32 GB, the CPU has info about 32 GB, the forums sometimes tells about 16 GB or 32 GB.
I would like to upgrade this notebook to maximum RAM possible with best configuration (how many, how dense, frequency and other). Also i seen that there is a space in some models (or in all; I would like to also get answer on how to talk about x360 devices) for 2,5" mass storage.
Is it really necessary to upgrade BIOS before installing RAM (update information is "security improvements" (current F.52, update F.55))?
I am asking because i seen posts about other models but not this concrete one and I thought that I should get information precisely about this selected device.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
88,625 88,511 11,313 24,295
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dawerty98 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05585180

There are 2 things you can upgrade

1. RAM: It only has 4 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB) now, you can upgrade to 16GB (max) using the following compatible RAM (will run at 2133MHz)

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct2k8g4sfs824a/ct11983862

2. STORAGE: It has 256 GB M.2 SSD which is SATA-3 SSD. You can add 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD drive to your machine. You need more part which is mentioned on page 43 of the  Maintenance and Service Guide. The guide also show you how to install 2.5" HDD/SSD.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would like to ask, is there an option to buy Patriot Signature Line DDR4 8GB 2400 CL17 SO-DIMM,
that has the same parameters, but is 25% cheaper on average? If not or not recommended, why?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation