Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 11

I was a big fan of HP notebooks but my faith and confidence got shattered with this HP Hinge issue. When I bought this HP Pavilion x360, the sales rep in Dubai was marketing this notebook with key features to use it as tablet, 360 foldable. I asked a simple question what happens to hinges in routine use of laptop with  folding and unfolding,  I was told nothing will happen in the life of this notebook. Just in 3-3.5 years time, Hinges have popped out on the left side of the notebook. The body case is open from left side.

Any solution to these hinge problems. I saw there were some posts of recall of notebooks due to hinge problem, but we never got notified or request for recall due to the hinge problem.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@ManojSharda,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue with the hinge assembly and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

HP Recommended

Thanks Praveen for your response. 

That is not solution I was looking. I feel my question recall was not addressed. You have simply directed to contact your authorized Service center at Staples or Best Buy. I have already approached Best Buy, they will charge CAD 200 (Approx) just to look for problem and than order part (Which they dont have). Cost of part is extra. I dont feel its advisable to invest CAD 300-500 on this laptop when I can buy new laptop for CAD 800-1000. 

Unfortunately to state you have missed one customer since last many years to your competitor due to bad quality product of yours. 

HP Recommended

Hi@ManojSharda,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. It seems like a hardware related issue with the HP Pavilion as there is no recall for this hinge issue on the HP Pavilion. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. HP provides repair or service options for out of warranty product as well. Hence I encourage you to contact HP support for warranty service options.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.