Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I'm having issues with my very much out of warranty pavilion. The battery shows "battery not detected" and so the laptop only works while plugged in.

With a bit of googling i've noticed that the batteries have been recalled and possibly disabled in the bios (although doesn't say battery safe mode). As the battery isn't showing up the recall battery checker isn't working for me and as i'm out of warranty I don't really fancy paying for support just to find out it's just old however I don't like the idea of using a recalled battery. 

Any help or pointers much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

How about giving us the model number of the laptop? And how old is the battery? If its over 3 years old the most likely solution to the problem is simple: replace the battery. If we know the laptop we could help better. X360 is a brand used by HP on dozens of models that can be very different. 

HP Recommended

Laptop is a Pavilion X360, serial number M3-u003dx, Model Number [edited].  I need to know if this laptop battery is one that is on the recall list.

HP Recommended

Your model is not specifically on the list but if you want to be sure go to this page download and run the validation tool. 

https://batteryprogram687.ext.hp.com/

From the specs of your model it has reached the age where one would expect to need to replace the battery. If it's recalled that will be free at HP's expense and if not you have to get one and install it or have it installed. 

Service Manual

(3) Battery (3–cell, 41WHr, 3.615–AHr, Li–ion) 844203–850

HP is out of stock so you have to go to amazon.com or similar site. Search by HP Part number above. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.