Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15cs1003ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I bought Pavillion 15cs1003ur.

And I planned to work with the lid closed and an external monitor.

But there are two problems:
1 - Heating.
Laptop is very hot when the lid is closed, because outtake air holes are tightly blocked, and the air intake holes are very close to the surface of the table.
2 - You cannot use the integrated Intel video card to work with an external monitor, there is simply no such option either in the BIOS or in the settings of the graphics cards. I use buildin hdmi port for connection.

Are there any solutions to these problems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@evsasha 

1 - Heating.: you have to work this out yourself, machine is designed that way. I my case, I use two rubbers (erasers) to rise machine a bit higher (screen and its base).

2 - You cannot use the integrated Intel video card: Why ? I don't have one machine but many machines, some machines ONLY have integrated video and no problem at all.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@evsasha 

1 - Heating.: you have to work this out yourself, machine is designed that way. I my case, I use two rubbers (erasers) to rise machine a bit higher (screen and its base).

2 - You cannot use the integrated Intel video card: Why ? I don't have one machine but many machines, some machines ONLY have integrated video and no problem at all.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Update.

With the lid closed when the laptop stay directrly is on the table, the temperature is about 5-6 degrees Celsius higher.

With the lid closed, if the laptop is little above the table (raised by 1-2 centimeters), the temperature is only 3-4 degrees higher.

You can work with the lid closed, but do not load the notebook with large calculations.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.