Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a problem with my laptop which is the Pavillion dv6-6002ev i5, operating system: Windows 7, error message: continues beep code at the start up, issues occurred: water was spilled through the keyboard, product LL053EA.

Actually I am not very proud of it but by mistake I spilled water on it through the keyboard. I immediately turned it off and I used the blow drier to dry it as much as I could..I removed even the keyboard and the memory cover from the back in order to be sure that all the water has gone.

After that I turned it on and in the start up there is a beep code ( I don’t have LED code at all) that is continues.If I press enter or another button then after awhile this sound stops for a while then starts again and then I have to choose from the Boot manager Windows7 and then starts.

Firstly the touchbad didn’t work but everything else worked fine (sounds, video, battery, processor). After 20 hours of the incident the touchbad started also to work but the light of the touchbad still does not work.

So the main problem is the loud sound at the beginning that doesn’t stop unless I use the boot manager to start the Windows.

I searched on the internet from the beginning and I saw that this beep code can only indicate a hardware problem so until now I have tried everything available on the internet to make this sound to stop (taken from here http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674)But nothing worked and everything seemed fine, memory tests passed and everything.

Also I used the DST tests that are available from this model (Hard drive, Memory, Battery) but all of them passed...

So really after doing everything and without being an expert on PCs I would like to ask is there anything more that I can do in order this sound to stop and before I have to take it to expert to fix it? And is it this sound really worrying?, can I use the laptop until I will get it fixed or its better to have it off?

Thank you in advance for your responses Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

No suggestions ??? 😞 

HP Recommended

Hey ktassi !

Gosh I hate when that happens! I've been there myself and I know it's very frustrating.

The first thing I would recommend doing is turning the computer on and getting all of the personal files backed up. That would be my priority. If you already have everything saved externally, then there's no need to worry with that step. Now, there is back up software out there that you can use. However, I've found  that copying and pasting each folder individually over to an external hard drive/flashdrive or cloud service is a more reliable way of backing up your files. 

Once you have everything backed up, you can troubleshoot. It would be helpful to know what the beep pattern is that you're hearing at power on. You did a great job finding that document. It has a key on it that will tell you what component is affected depending on the beep patter you hear. If all of the hardware components seem to be working OK, you could try reloading Windows. Although, I couldn't guarantee this would help since the beep code indicates a hardware problem, but it well worth a try.

Here are the steps to perform a System Recovery after you have backed up all of your files. From the blue links at the top, choose "Recovery from the startup screen (during system boot)". When the recovery is done, use your computer normally. Start it up and shut it down several times to see if it will detect any problems (which will cause it to emit a beep pattern again). If it does still beep after the recovery, there may be a minimal hardware issue. That malfunctioning hardware may need to be repaired/replaced before the notebook will stop beeping. 

You could also try muting the PC Beep. 

Right Click on the Speaker symbol in the system tray > Click Playback Devices > Right Click on 'Speakers'/'Speakers and Headphones' > Click Properties > Click the Levels Tab > Mute PC Beep.

This method should be used with caution though because if there ever were a serious hardware failure that would cause the computer to beep, you would be unaware of it, possibly until it was too late.

Let me know what the beep pattern is. Please let me know if you have any questions or if these suggestions help (this could help others with the same issues). I'll keep an eye out for your reply! Smiley Happy

HP Recommended

I just went through the same thing that you were having with a DV6000 laptop.  You would turn it on and just about 3 seconds later it would start to continuously been.  If I pressed the escape key it would finally let me go to the boot menu, I would load the hard drive and it would work ok.

I tried the 'hard reset' by pulling out the battery , upluging it and holding the on/off switch down.  This sometimes helped, sometimes not.

I looked at the driver updates and didn't find anything, BUT I did find a BIOS update that was ONE version newer than the BIOS on the laptop presently.  I downloaded the 'winbios' flash and did the update. 

The problem was cured.  It was either a corrupted bios present in the laptop or the new bios cured the problem with an update, I don't know which,  BUT the beeping is gone and the laptop is working great.

Thought you might want to know this, it sure cured my problem

Bob

HP Recommended

Just disconect your keybard - search on youtube how to disconect it. Your keyboard is dirty or have a defect.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.