cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
3 1 1 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Pavilon x360, SSD M2. SATA 128G capacity limitation.

HP Recommended
Pavilon x360 11-n010dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I’m lookin for upgrade the x360 11-n010dx with an additional HD. The manual says that the SSD M2 SATA, size is 128GB. 
I would like to use a  256GB SSD M2 SATA, and  I would like to confirm with support if the size limitation is still valid, because it seems out of date to me.

Would it be a hardware (chipset) or Bios limitation?

Thanks a lot for helping.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
124,194 114,375 18,475 28,192
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has a M.2 slot, you should be able to install a M.2 SATA SSD up to 2 TB in capacity with no problem.

It should have a M.2 slot because I don't see that separate motherboards were used for PC's with or without M.2 SSD's and I don't see any additional parts needed to add a M.2 slot.   On several models there is a separate M.2 board, and connector required.

The drives listed in chapter 1 of the manual are just what HP offered in the model series.

Author
Level 1
3 1 1 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the support. 

There is no M2 interface at model 11-n010dx.

HP should have manuals for each model instead for a serie of them.  

Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
124,194 114,375 18,475 28,192
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't work for or represent HP.

You can direct any comments you may have regarding the way HP does business to the executive team at the link below.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation