Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilon x360 11-n010dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I’m lookin for upgrade the x360 11-n010dx with an additional HD. The manual says that the SSD M2 SATA, size is 128GB. 
I would like to use a  256GB SSD M2 SATA, and  I would like to confirm with support if the size limitation is still valid, because it seems out of date to me.

Would it be a hardware (chipset) or Bios limitation?

Thanks a lot for helping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the support. 

There is no M2 interface at model 11-n010dx.

HP should have manuals for each model instead for a serie of them.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has a M.2 slot, you should be able to install a M.2 SATA SSD up to 2 TB in capacity with no problem.

It should have a M.2 slot because I don't see that separate motherboards were used for PC's with or without M.2 SSD's and I don't see any additional parts needed to add a M.2 slot.   On several models there is a separate M.2 board, and connector required.

The drives listed in chapter 1 of the manual are just what HP offered in the model series.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the support. 

There is no M2 interface at model 11-n010dx.

HP should have manuals for each model instead for a serie of them.  

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't work for or represent HP.

You can direct any comments you may have regarding the way HP does business to the executive team at the link below.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.