Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk0616nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I recently purchased a HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk0616nd laptop. The shop where i bought it mentioned in the specifications that this laptop does not support the placing of een extra SSD.

This evening I opened the back to add an extra 8gb of RAM. On one side there is the M.2 NVMe SSD. On the other side is a 2.5 SSD dummy drive. 

Can I replace this dummy with a 2.5 SSD drive. Or does the shop display the correct information en doesnst support the motherboard 2 SSDs?

My PC knowledge is limited, therefor this question.

Thanks in advance!

Wouter

The Netherlands.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the Manual

Manual 

See p. 37. You CAN add a 2.5 inch SATA SSD but your dummy placeholder may not have the necessary connection cable in which case you would need a 2.5 inch SATA SSD plus the correct caddy plus the correct cable. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here is the Manual

Manual 

See p. 37. You CAN add a 2.5 inch SATA SSD but your dummy placeholder may not have the necessary connection cable in which case you would need a 2.5 inch SATA SSD plus the correct caddy plus the correct cable. 

HP Recommended

Thanks. Couldnt find that manual. When clicking on the link from the productpage if gave me a 404.

It seems that there is already a cable connected to the dummy drive. PIc: https://ibb.co/sbK7xkz

So I think I will buy one and try it.

Wouter

HP Recommended

The dummy has everything you need to install a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. Good luck. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.