Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Placing extra SSD in HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk0616nd

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk0616nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I recently purchased a HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk0616nd laptop. The shop where i bought it mentioned in the specifications that this laptop does not support the placing of een extra SSD.

This evening I opened the back to add an extra 8gb of RAM. On one side there is the M.2 NVMe SSD. On the other side is a 2.5 SSD dummy drive. 

Can I replace this dummy with a 2.5 SSD drive. Or does the shop display the correct information en doesnst support the motherboard 2 SSDs?

My PC knowledge is limited, therefor this question.

Thanks in advance!

Wouter

The Netherlands.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,613 42,402 6,766 11,820
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is the Manual

Manual 

See p. 37. You CAN add a 2.5 inch SATA SSD but your dummy placeholder may not have the necessary connection cable in which case you would need a 2.5 inch SATA SSD plus the correct caddy plus the correct cable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. Couldnt find that manual. When clicking on the link from the productpage if gave me a 404.

It seems that there is already a cable connected to the dummy drive. PIc: https://ibb.co/sbK7xkz

So I think I will buy one and try it.

Wouter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,613 42,402 6,766 11,820
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The dummy has everything you need to install a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. Good luck. 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation