Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion DM 4 notebook A6x73ua
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
HP Pavilion DM 4 Notebook A6x73ua
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

Tried to upgrade to what I thought would be an ok wifi  card an intel 7260HMW  turns out that might not work after all. I downloaded all the drivers, installed the new card booted up only to see "SYSTEM HAS DETERMINED A WIRELESS MODULE IN THE SYSTEM IS NOT SUPPORTED PLEASE REMOVE THE DEVICE AND RESTART" this followed by a WLAN Module ID (702) is there something I can do? or did I tank on this one? Is there a way or another wifi upgrade out there for this model? Any help would be appreciated. I have 2 very old machines I would rather upgrade my desktop then my laptop. So I am hoping to at least get some better wifi speeds right now I can only get 2.4 band. 

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

A usb wireless card is always an option and probably the best one I am sorry to say. Otherwise I need the full model or product number to pull up the Manual and you will have to use one of the wifi cards originally offered on your model from the factory. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Your DM4 is old enough that is has the old HP BIOS whitelist which severely restricts your wireless card options. Post back if you wish to discuss further. 

HP Recommended

yes I would like to know what options if any 

HP Recommended

A usb wireless card is always an option and probably the best one I am sorry to say. Otherwise I need the full model or product number to pull up the Manual and you will have to use one of the wifi cards originally offered on your model from the factory. 

HP Recommended

Thank you The one I have now still works and is the original one, so no problem there I was just looking to upgrade rather then purchasing a new laptop. So I will continue to use this one until it gives up the ghost, I do appreciate your help should have asked before purchasing the new wifi card....oh well just out $20.00 could have been a lot worse. 

Thanks again!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.