Tutor
1 0 7
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, battery no charging - Envy x360

Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

We have an Envy x360, which has an internal battery that you cannot remove, or check to ensure it is seated properly without voiding the warranty.

We cannot currently use the laptop without it being plugged in, as it is showing "plugged in, battery not charging, 0%".

We have tried other charging cables.  No luck.   

We have tried unplugging it then holding down the power key to drain then restarting.  No luck. 

We have tried going to contol panel and removing the ACPI compliant battery control and restarting.  No luck. 

We are at wits end. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1897
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @GarrabS 

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I understand that you are unable to use your notebook if it is not connected.  You get the message" plugged in battery  not charging 0%"

You have tried removing the  ACPI compliant battery control and restarting but there was no change.

Here are two links that may help. 

Troubleshooting the notebook battery

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8)

If the issue should remain please contact HP support.

Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.

World Wide Phone Support

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

Teveelnicks Top Student
Top Student
3 0 2
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear GarrabS,

I know this is an old thread, but please have a look at http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-x360-Convertible-Plugge... I've experienced the exact same problem with this model laptop of a customer.  Removing the battery and ACPI components from the hardware management console will not solve this problem, it is an electronics design fault.

Hope this solutions will also help you.

Kind Regards,

Nick.

0 Kudos
JNav Tutor
Tutor
1 0 6
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I was having exactly the same issue with the same computer as yours and I came accross your post about it.

After doing different things to solve it, I realize the problem was on the AC plug itself. 

Inside of it, there is a little copper-like pin that was bended for some reason. I used a plastic fork to make it straight again and it worked just fine.

Easy like that! Just wanted to share it with your guys ;)

A little late but I hope it helps somebody.

Regards!

J

dsimpf Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks JNav. Awesome. Exactly my problem. Now fixed. :-)

Thanks for nothing HP for not alerting users to a simple mechanical matter!!! :-(

0 Kudos
JNav Tutor
Tutor
1 0 6
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Glad I could help! I was getting nervous about replacing the battery and stuff like that. It was great to see the problem was so easy to fix.
Thanks for let me know it worked for you as well.
Regards.
0 Kudos
drobot Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue! Where exactly should I be looking to see if this is my same issue?

Thanks 

D

0 Kudos
Alistair97 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

JNav! You're great. I registered on this website just to thank you !

I tried contacting my country's HP, London office HP, waited on line for alteast 30 mins for the middle east only to give up. I looked at so many suggestions and only yours worked!

Thanks so much!

HP. I've never felt more disappointed. Switching to Mac soon.

0 Kudos
JayJ108 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Me too. Did you ever find out where specifically to look?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation