Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I know there has been countless topics regarding this issue but I want to be sure. OK, so I just got this problem out of the blue. If I unplugged the AC it cuts off so it has to stay in charging. So, I did a battery test and I got the "REOOW" and it said:

Primary Batter:

the battery is reporting a failure and needs to be replaced ASAP. Based on the age of your PC and battery, it appears it is no longer covered by your HD warranty

Falure ID: REOOW

I have a Pavilion dv7-4272 so I know some ppl use a guideline to help them with the problem and it has worked for some. However, I feel the issue with me it won't work and I need to purchase a new battery. Is this correct? I don't wanna waste time buying a new battery and that's not the problem which well seems the problem lol So should I do that? I just want to make sure.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Please check both the weblinks given below might help you to resolve your issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/plugged-in-not-charging/m-p/1478971

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Laptop-Charger-Plugged-In-But-Not-Charging/m-p/147351...

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

I have same R​EOOW code in HP Battery check. What does that means? I´m afraid the laptop has no capability of rechardge the battery, and I have no refund.

HP Recommended

how can i make it work

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.