Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (204 Views)

Plugged in not charging

Product Name: HP Envy DV7 Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a replacement battery as my original battery would charge but not lose charge quickly.  I've been thru two replacement batteries that test fine but still get the plugged in, not charging message.  I've tried the ACPI delete, power down, etc. process and it has not helped.  The AC adapter is working as it does charge the old battery.  When i replace the new battery with the old battery it shows plugged in, charging!!  Not sure what else to do.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (106 Views)

Re: Plugged in not charging

Hi@Taxpayer,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Battery issues. Is that right?

I would like to help you.

I recommend you try steps from the link below on both the old and new batteries and check what happens.

http://hp.care/2bMlH5K

Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation