10-09-2016 08:06 PM
I bought a replacement battery as my original battery would charge but not lose charge quickly. I've been thru two replacement batteries that test fine but still get the plugged in, not charging message. I've tried the ACPI delete, power down, etc. process and it has not helped. The AC adapter is working as it does charge the old battery. When i replace the new battery with the old battery it shows plugged in, charging!! Not sure what else to do.
10-11-2016 02:10 PM
Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.
To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.
Battery issues. Is that right?
I would like to help you.
I recommend you try steps from the link below on both the old and new batteries and check what happens.
Let me know for more.
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot