Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Jane_t Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

HP Pavilion 13 X360 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

This morning, my computer shows the message "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". The day before, this computer was constantly holding a 3+ hour charge. I recently bought this computer a little bit over a year ago. Have followed online instructions on how to uninstall/re-install the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, but it still shows this message. What should I do to resolve this? 

7 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
12816 1665 4249
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

Hi,

What happens when you unplug AC adapter power and run the laptop? Is battery driving your machine?

Please do the HP battery test from HP support assistant software.

Please post back the results like cycle count, cell voltages, days etc

What is the exact model name, product number of your laptop?

Regards

Visruth
I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
Jane_t Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

Actually, out of no where the machine now reads my battery as "Unknown", no longer at 0%.

When I run the battery test, the program becomes unresponsive and gives me "Unknown" as the result. No other information is given.

My laptop is an HP Pavilion 13X360 Model 13-AO1ODX , product number G6T71UAR#ABA
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12816 1665 4249
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

Do a hard reset: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01684768

Status: Unknown message indicates that an error was encountered while trying to access the battery under test. Please re-insert the battery and the AC Adapter to retest the battery.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00821536

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
Jane_t Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

I just did the hard reset. Nothing changed.

My laptop doesn't have a easily removable battery, since it seems to be built all in one part. How should I proceed?
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12816 1665 4249
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

Hi,

With AC adapter connected, Uninstall Microsoft ACPI compliance battery and adapter drivers

Shut down completely: Press and hold the Shift key, click/tap on Shut down, and release the Shift key to perform a full shutdown.

Unplug AC adapter

Reload BIOS to default by powering on with battery alone: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00034791

Save and exit to continue loading Windows competely.

Shut down again.

Plug in AC adapter now. Power on again. Check if there is improvement

Regards​

Visruth

0 Kudos
Jane_t Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

Hi,

I followed all of your steps, but nothing has changed.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12816 1665 4249
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in, not charging

In that case unfortunately I've no other suggestions than contact HP technical support in your region directly.

You may have to open it up and reseat battery, see if it is connection issue before all these.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation