Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (229 Views)

Plugged in, not charging

[ Edited ]
Product Name: Envy M6
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I have HP envy m6 windows 8 laptop, my laptop is plugged in but it is not charging. What should i do?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (189 Views)

Re: Plugged in, not charging

Tap F2 as you power up and find the battery test and run it. With a Windows 8 laptop I can only assume the battery is over 2 years old which is when they start needing to be replaced. 

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (136 Views)

I already ran the battery test and it shows that battery is fine but it needs to be calibrated. Actually the battery is around 4 years old.
Provost
Message 4 of 6 (107 Views)

Did you try calibrating it? How many cycles does the test show are on the battery? 4 years is about as long as you can expect to get from a battery. 

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (98 Views)

[ Edited ]

I dont know how to calibrate. but the battery was working fine a few days ago.

Provost
Message 6 of 6 (86 Views)

That is how they do. When a certain number of cycles is reached they can just shut down. It's a safety thing- Li-ion batteries become more of a fire risk as they get old. No real way to calibrate it if it will not charge. Can you perhaps post a screen shot of the battery test?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation