04-16-2017 12:50 PM - edited 04-16-2017 12:51 PM
I have HP envy m6 windows 8 laptop, my laptop is plugged in but it is not charging. What should i do?
04-16-2017 04:22 PM
Tap F2 as you power up and find the battery test and run it. With a Windows 8 laptop I can only assume the battery is over 2 years old which is when they start needing to be replaced.
04-17-2017 06:57 AM
That is how they do. When a certain number of cycles is reached they can just shut down. It's a safety thing- Li-ion batteries become more of a fire risk as they get old. No real way to calibrate it if it will not charge. Can you perhaps post a screen shot of the battery test?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot