Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay181nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The battery Isn't chargING. The percentage has remained the same, although it's showing that it's plugged-in. A times the plugin is always on and off.  I have tried all the help online like updating the Bios and chipset. I have done hardware reset. Still the same problem. I even changed the battery, still the same problem. I have not tried with another adapter though. 

Kindly help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@OLAJIDEEMMA Since you've tried with an alternate battery and yet the issue persists, going by what you've mentioned so far, it looks like the issue is with the charging port/connector inside the computer and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@OLAJIDEEMMA Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I suggest we start with testing and calibrating the battery for failures, once we diagnose the cause of the failure we should be able to resolve the issue accordingly: Click here for details.

If the issue persists, try the below steps to reinstall the battery drivers as well:

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:
1) In the search box, type, and open “Device Manager”.

2) Expand “Batteries”.

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

4) Click on “Uninstall”.

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver

6) Shutdown the computer.

7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in.

😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

9) Go to Device Manager.

10) Expand Batteries.

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried all that you advised. I even used a different battery, I tried with a different adapter.

I still have that same problem. I have to leave the computer plugged in to be able to use it. The battery has been at the same level ever since. Atimes it will show that it's plugged in, atimes it won't. The plugged in has been on and off, but not charging.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@OLAJIDEEMMA I suggest you run a hardware test after calibrating the battery: Click here for steps

And don't worry, if this doesn't work out, we'll try something else, until its either identified or resolved, I'm here for you.

Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is OKThis is OK

HP Recommended

The problem still persists. What else can I try?.

It charges then stop. My laptop is saying the battery is running low. The percentage has been between 12-15% ever since. Now it's saying battery low. I'm afraid the laptop might go off.

HP Recommended

@OLAJIDEEMMA Since you've tried with an alternate battery and yet the issue persists, going by what you've mentioned so far, it looks like the issue is with the charging port/connector inside the computer and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.