Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac143wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1.) This is my first Notebook (I always bought HP laptops) and since there's no on/off button on this Turbo Silver Notebook touchpad I tried disabling it in Device Manager and for that session it was disabled but the touchpad still came back on each time I started up. Finally had to call tech support. They remote accessed, went into BIOS and disabled the touchpad. I always use a mouse.  Even though this is not a laptop a simple software addition that senses when a mouse is used and shuts off the touchpad would be welcomed. Otherwise just put an on/off button on the touchpad.

2.) I find that the sharp edge design of this Notebook is rough on my arms. I like to keep my wrist and arms on the Notebook surface as I type and the edges of this Notebook leave indentations on my arms. I had to put a soft plastic pad on the Notebook edge to be comfortable. I never had this problem with the laptops.

Although I no longer need all the bells and whistles of a laptop I'm realizing how much I do miss some basic laptop features that this Turbo Silver Notebook just doesn't have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi BH,

Thank you for your reply but as I already had done all that you suggested with no positive result, the HP Tech still had to remote access my notebook. Maybe it was a glitch in my version of Windows 10.  Within a week after purchasing this notebook a Windows update for a completely newer version of Windows 10 had come up but after installing it I had to go back to the previous version because the newer version wiped out most of my apps and all of my settings and they had taken a long time initially setting up and I wasn't going to do it again.  A simple on/off button would absolutely solve the touchpad issue irregardless of Windows/HP software. 

I do however overall like the notebook and know people are using the terms laptop and notebook interchangeably but there is one huge difference in my opinion between laptops and notebooks. I can actually put this Notebook on my lap or bed etc., and not have to worry about occluding the bottom vents and causing it to overheat as I would have with my previous HP laptops. This Notebook has no noticeable vents whereas all of my previous laptops have all had bottom or back vents or both.  I'm not buying another new notebook because of the rough edge design but now know to look for it in the future.  

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply and I hope HP changes the design with a couple of simple modifications.

Be well,

Merry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Firstly laptops or notebooks are the same, we con't call laptops now because many of them can burn users laps. There are few other terms/names for them some of them may become trade marks.

1. You can disable the touchpad if you wish by using Control Panel, Mouse, disable touchpad or disable when your machine use external keyboard and mouse.

2. No comment. But there are hundreds of models/products around, you can always find a notebook/laptop to suite your need.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi BH,

Thank you for your reply but as I already had done all that you suggested with no positive result, the HP Tech still had to remote access my notebook. Maybe it was a glitch in my version of Windows 10.  Within a week after purchasing this notebook a Windows update for a completely newer version of Windows 10 had come up but after installing it I had to go back to the previous version because the newer version wiped out most of my apps and all of my settings and they had taken a long time initially setting up and I wasn't going to do it again.  A simple on/off button would absolutely solve the touchpad issue irregardless of Windows/HP software. 

I do however overall like the notebook and know people are using the terms laptop and notebook interchangeably but there is one huge difference in my opinion between laptops and notebooks. I can actually put this Notebook on my lap or bed etc., and not have to worry about occluding the bottom vents and causing it to overheat as I would have with my previous HP laptops. This Notebook has no noticeable vents whereas all of my previous laptops have all had bottom or back vents or both.  I'm not buying another new notebook because of the rough edge design but now know to look for it in the future.  

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply and I hope HP changes the design with a couple of simple modifications.

Be well,

Merry

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.