01-29-2010 09:48 AM
Hi, i have a problem with my notebook's screen. I ordered an Elitebook 8730w after i've seen one (and liked it) in HP showroom. The problem is, i received my laptop with a very poor quality screen (not the one that i've seen in showroom). The one i liked was a LG LP171WU3-TLB1 (not dreamcolor) and received a Samsung SEC from 2005 (VERY POOR quality LCD).
I have talked with HP customer support (chat on site) and they told me to go to service to change the screen. Did that, but the service guys told me that they ordered the generic part number for the screen and they received the same kind of screen i have now.
My question is, how can i (or them) order a specific model of the screen? Because this happened before in USA (found it on other forums) and there was no problem ordering, or changing the screen. But the guys here at HP Romania told me that they can only order a generic part number and there is a big chance to get the same kind of screen.
Please help, I have my laptop in service for 3rd week now and i'm disperate.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot