05-06-2017 08:47 AM
I bought an HP 3005 port replicator to use with my HP Spectre x360 - 13-4109na. When on its own, the laptop performs just fine. When I connect it to the HP 3005 port replicator, the laptop slows down significantly and becomes a nightmare to use. I have not been able to remedy the issue. Also, the drive of the port replicator is set to "read only" and I have not been able to amend this. What can I do?
05-06-2017 09:34 AM
> What can I do?
Measure, measure, measure.
Use the Windows "Task Manager" or the "Process Monitor" to view the resources (CPU, RAM, disk-drive, Internet) that your computer is using, to try to identify which application is consuming the most resources.
Windows has an option to virus-scan (and also to run Disk Defragmenter) all newly-attached disk-drives -- that can take a while.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot