Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-au113TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name- Pavilion 15-au113TX

Been using the device for like 4 years, never had any problem with it until now. 
I was gaming and suddenly my screen went blank, and I couldn’t force restart it either so I removed my charger and laptop turned off (had enough charge).  Then I tried turning back ON but it won’t unless I connected the charger. First thing I did when it started was fired up the HP battery diagnostics but after 10-15 second later screen went blank again and only Caps lock is blinking.  
It’s non removable battery so I did not tried it open my laptop yet. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ashish0412 

Well, it does seem to be acting like a dead battery.

At four years old, it is certainly possible the battery has failed.

Read to find out if your system / battery is affected:

Information
Expansion of HP Battery Safety Recall Program

View details

The part number and replacement procedure is available in your service manual on Page 31

HP Pavilion Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

Part Number:

849909-85

HP likely does not support this part - search for and purchase the part from any local, trusted retailer in your region.

Need or want more information?  Search for additional solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

HP Pavilion - 15-au113tx

Added as FYI to those reading - I understand you cannot complete the battery test in your computer...

The steps to check / calibrate / replace the battery are included in this document:

HP Notebook PCs - HP Battery Alert Appears Before Windows Starts

And / Or

Document includes information and link for testing the hardware using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) (preferred method) and / or using the HP Support Assistant to test the battery.

>>>  Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)    <<<

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ashish0412 

Well, it does seem to be acting like a dead battery.

At four years old, it is certainly possible the battery has failed.

Read to find out if your system / battery is affected:

Information
Expansion of HP Battery Safety Recall Program

View details

The part number and replacement procedure is available in your service manual on Page 31

HP Pavilion Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

Part Number:

849909-85

HP likely does not support this part - search for and purchase the part from any local, trusted retailer in your region.

Need or want more information?  Search for additional solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

HP Pavilion - 15-au113tx

Added as FYI to those reading - I understand you cannot complete the battery test in your computer...

The steps to check / calibrate / replace the battery are included in this document:

HP Notebook PCs - HP Battery Alert Appears Before Windows Starts

And / Or

Document includes information and link for testing the hardware using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) (preferred method) and / or using the HP Support Assistant to test the battery.

>>>  Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)    <<<

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank You. After formatting I fired up HP battery Diagnostics again and it’s showing battery failure. 

HP Recommended

@Ashish0412 

You are welcome.

Personal opinion...

I think four years is pretty good for a battery of this type (consumer grade system and moderate use / cycles).

Five years would have been nicer, of course.  Smiling.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.