Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN - 17-cb1000nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I would like to buy an OMEN Laptop - 17-cb1000nz but I have some questions.

According to the specs, it comes with a M.2 1 To SSD.

I would like to know :

Will it have a free 2.5" place for a HDD ? with ZIF connector and caddy ?

Will it have a second free M2 slot ?

Thank you for your help and best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Anby73

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can add an additional hard drive on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Yes, this computer supports dual hard drive configuration and you can install a second hard drive. Refer to the below service guide (Page 19) for the computer for detailed information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06367528

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Anby73

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can add an additional hard drive on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Yes, this computer supports dual hard drive configuration and you can install a second hard drive. Refer to the below service guide (Page 19) for the computer for detailed information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06367528

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Hello and thank you for your quick reply! Which was highly appreciated! 🙂

So I ordered the computer with trust and I received it.

For the ones who have the same question, I confirm that the "OMEN Laptop - 17-cb1000nz" that I received has :
2x  M2 slots (one slot with one 1TB SSD  and the other slot has a removable dummy plastic to be replaced with another real M2-SSD) and

1x  2.5" place for HDD (that contains a dummy plastic HD which has ZIF connector and caddy to be replace by a real HDD)

So with memory that can be upgraded from 16 to 32 GB,
with a free M2 slot,

with a free 2.5" slot,

this computer is really evolutive and this makes me happy! 🙂

The only "problem" is that the back cover was so hard to open (it was easier on my DV7).

Thank you again for your reply, have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.