Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion g7
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I had the power cord replaced last year. But now I find the power box cord is not working. My battery died completely and even with the power cord plugged in, my laptop will not work. The box, even after replacing the power cord, still got extremely hot. Now I can't use my laptop at all! What do I do andhow much is it going to cost? Why is this not on a recall?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm not sure. Can't read what it says on it. [personal information removed] and the CT:WBGSU0AM3ZHCRS hope that you can figure that out. Thank you for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey,

contact hp hp and check if there is any recall, if there is the repair will b done,

else they hey will give you the exact cost for the repair.

#hpexpertday

Regards;
Smiley
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
HP Recommended

Hi,

That sounds frustrating, don't worry though!

Call HP on 1800-474-6836 and tell em about your concern, they should be able to get you the info about a recall (if any)

in which case, there would be a charge involved, however if there isn't any recalls.

My suggestion is, get to a local store and purchase a cord & an adapter (universal-may also work), show them your existing adapter & cord and they will give you the replacement...Could be cheaper at the store, BUT CALL HP FIRST AND ENQUIRE ABOUT IT.

Have a good day and Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Pavilion g7s used both 65W and 90W adapters.

Which one do you have?  That way, I can provide the correct spare kit part number.

Regards;
Ben
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I'm not sure. Can't read what it says on it. [personal information removed] and the CT:WBGSU0AM3ZHCRS hope that you can figure that out. Thank you for helping!

HP Recommended

That's a 65W adapter

Spare kit:  693711-001 - SPS-65W NPFC ADPTR SMART

Good luck!

Ben

#HPExpertDay

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I really do appreciate your help. I don't know what the amp is and don't know where to find it. I'm very frustrated as I have checked for recalls on this and it is not a part of any recall. Where do I look for the information you need? Okay I found it. It is 65W.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.