04-21-2017 07:34 AM - edited 04-21-2017 07:40 AM
While I am shutting down my PC, my screen is turning off but my power button is still ON and also my keyboard led's were also kept ON. In order to shutdown completly I am doing it manually by pressing and holding the power button for 5 to 6 sec. I am getting this situation even though, I am turning my PC to sleep. It was not going to sleep, my power button is ON continously, it was not blinking as if in sleep mode. Eventhough I close my lid, it was not going to sleep as per my PC power settings (But my screen is getting OFF. Inorder to wake it up, I again has to manually turn OFF PC my pressing and Holding the power button).
I have updated my Intel MEI (Current version - 126.96.36.1997).
I have also updated Intel HD Graphics Family.
But I can see no improvement. Please help me out with a solution.
04-22-2017 01:29 PM
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
As I understand you are having shutdown and sleep issues on your HP notebook. I'll try my best to help you with this,
- On Search / Cortana, search "Troubleshooting".
- Select the Troubleshooting Search Result
- Click on "View All", select "Power".
- Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.
2. Open Power Options if the issue is not fixed.
- Right, Click the Start Menu, select "Power Options".
- Click on "choose when to turn off display".
- Click: "Restore default settings for this plan."
- Click on "Change advanced power settings".
- Look for "Power buttons and lid" on the list and expand it.
- Open Settings, and select Shutdown or Sleep or Shutdown.
Please follow the steps for Sleep mode issue:
Step 1: Enabling the Keyboard in Windows
Skip this step if the computer does not enter sleep mode or if the computer wakes unexpectedly.
Follow these steps to enable your keyboard to wake your computer from sleep mode:
1. In Windows, search for and open the Device Manager.
2. Click the arrow next to Keyboards and double-click the name of your keyboard.
3. If the Power Management tab is available, proceed to the next step.
If the Power Management tab is not available, click the Change Settings button if it appears below the Device status box. The same Keyboard Properties window opens with the Power Management tab available.
If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
1. Click the Power Management tab and make sure that the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer is checked.
2. Click OK, and then test to make sure that the keyboard can now wake the computer. If the computer still cannot wake from sleep mode, continue using these steps.
3. For instructions on how to update the BIOS of your computer, see one of the following HP support documents: Updating the BIOS (Notebooks)
For more steps, please click here
Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you.
If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.
I am an HP Employee
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot