Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP envy x360 15-110dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. Today well.. now yesterday its been a problem since about 10pm yesterday but anyway. On my HP Envy laptop I was running a few game updates as usual even watched a little YouTube while I waited like normal. Took a bit long sooo I fell asleep. Sounds great right? Wrong: (..    my laptop doesn't seem to be charging when I put the AC adapter in. My LED on my laptop isn't lighting up either:/? There's literally no sign of life until the method i tried at the end of this post. 

I've tried plugging the AC adaptor directly into the wall and different sockets both in wall and power strip. No luck but everything else powers fine in those locations I tried. 

I've tried giving the AC adaptor a good rub down after disconnecting it from everything. I even separated it into its 2 pieces. The cord for the outlet and the pack cord combo that goes into the pc then reconnecting it and plugging it back into the laptop. Didn't work which it usually does because i guess sometimes it gets to hot or something and stops producing power sometimes its accidentally covered. 

After the above didn't work I proceeded to follow tips I saw online. Such as the electric discharge method which usually works when like it overcharges or something and the LED starts blinking/stops charge. 
Tried the removing battery and adaptor method even tried discharge while both were unconnected tbh I've tried like the 3-4 top searches for "my laptop won't turn on" extensively even watched a few videos.. Not helpful 

I let it sit on charger for a hour while I use my tablet to find you lovely people for help. I don't have a spare battery right now, nor a spare AC adaptor. Also my AC adapter doesn't have a LED signal on it to even see if power is coming through it, and there's literally no signs that its even starting a boot up/charging. I'm totally bummed out without my laptop as any normal person would be. Right?.. The fan spun with just the AC adapter in I'm not sure if it should be able to turn on or not but when I pressed the power button there was no sign of activity, and that Breath of life didn't work 2-3 additional times.

Thank you in advance for all help. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.