Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 2 Ultrabook w/Windows 8
Other

I have a hand-me-down HP Spectre X2 Ultrabook (detachable). It came without a power supply/adapter. I would like to know: a) where can I buy a power supply (in Norway); and b) can it be upgraded to more current specs?

The label says "Windows 8," "Intel Core i5" processor; can it be upgraded to Windows 10, and made really useable?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

On the bottom there should be a label with a model number or product number. With that, we can better assist. We can almost surely find you a power supply but upgrades on a tablet may be very limited. Unlikely the processor is upgradeable and even memory may be soldered on. You can likely install a solid state drive which is a serious upgrade, if it does not already have one. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. However, there is no such label on the bottom - only a "Pro Windows 8" sticker, and the "beatsaudio" branding. So, I can't figure out which power supply complements this model.

Once I do get it powered up, I can - hopefully - find out what elements are on-board. Do you mean to say that a tablet's OS cannot be upgraded to Windows 10? (I realize that Windows 8 is completely obsolete and unsupported.)

HP Recommended

I did not say that I was speaking of hardware. Likely you can upgrade to Windows 10. Maybe a picture of it will give is some idea what it is?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.