07-26-2011 09:16 PM
I have a HP dv7t-3300. I am recieiving a message upon start-up of a failure in my Primary Internal Battery (601).
I have run a system battery test and received this information
Primary - Replace (00000030)
Secondary - Not Installed (00000060)
Failure ID : RTQ2J0-0005NF-XD0021-C08T03
Product ID : WH764AV
Battery Test Failed
I also ran the Battery Check on HP Support Assistant and just says Replace Primary Battery
So here is my confusion. According to my searches it is my internal battery, not my external that needs to be replaced. But I can't seem to find any information on what kind of battery it is, where to buy one or how to replace it. Even the HP site is only showing the external battery as somethng I can purchase.
So, what do I have to replace? My external battery that pops out? Or an on board battery? And if it is the on board, where can I find it?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot