08-20-2014 03:47 AM - edited 08-20-2014 03:50 AM
I had my laptop connected to external monitor via VGA, when I ran out of power and laptop shut down. After turning it on again, only my external monitor was displaying image, while the laptop's screen is completely black (not lit). When I booted to my Linux system, it recognized only my external monitor in the display settings, while Windows greeted me with a BSOD (not occurring in safe mode). I was booted into Arch Linux 64b with KDE when the laptop shut down. Could it be a software issue or a hardware problem? Please help, thanks.
08-20-2014 01:03 PM
To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since the HP ProBook 4720s Notebook PC is a commercial product. You can do this at Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE.
The support page for your product may be helpful in the meantime:
HP ProBook 4720s Notebook PC.
I hope this helps!
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot