8 7 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem with micro SD card slot

HP x2-10-n111nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP support,

Since I bought a hp tablet (x2-10-n111nd) with micro sd slot four months ago, I have had issues with a disconnecting micro sd card. I have had extensive contact through telephone with the HP support, but still the issue has not been resolved. The problem has been identified to be a bios issue, NOT a driver issue. 

I am not the only one with this problem: see  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-x2-210-Product-Nr-L5G94EA-AB...

What especially frustrates me is that HP has never responded on the above thread or showed any action to find a solution to this problem.

Will you finally respond now HP?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 628
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @waj11,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I read your post about the SD card issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you had extensive contact with HP Phone Support.

What troubleshooting steps did you already try?  If you believe the issue to be with the BIOS, have you tried restoring/updating the BIOS driver?  You can use the following document to assist you: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

Also, have you tried testing the SD card in a different device.  Or have you tried using a different SD card, to test the notebook.  Usually, when the SD card disconnects on its own, the issue is either related to driver updates, or the SD card failing.  Please post back with the results.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for finally responding on the forum!

Like I previously mentioned, I already had been in touch with the HP support by telephone.

I have had contact with them for over a period of 1.5 months during which we tried everything, including:

- Reinstalling the drivers of the micro sd slot

- Collecting computer information

- By remote access trying to install different fixes on my computer

-  After that, they couldn't come up with a solution and they send me a factory reset usb.

All of the above didn't work. I have been told over the phone that they escalated the problem to a higher tech support department, because it was a BIOS issue and that they would call me back when a solution was found. They also told me that this would take 1 month (this was around march).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Additionally, the micro sd card works flawless in other devices (mobile phone, mp3 player)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 628
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @waj11,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works,
this post has instructions.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation