Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Notebook HP Envy 17 Leap Motion J-150la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear community, 

I bought a SDD to install as a boot drive in mi laptop, it works perfect

I wanted to use the original HDD as a second unit, so I bought a new SATA cable to install de HDD but my PC don't recognize it, I try with BIOS and disk manager but it don´t appear anywhere.

I tried my SDD with both SATA cables and works perfectly, also I try my HDD with a USB cable and it works normally.

I wonder how can I do to fix this problem.

Thanks.

Estimada comunidad,

Compré un SDD para dejarlo como mi disco inicial e instalar windows en él, no he tenido problemas con el.

Compré un cable SATA para concetar el HDD que venia originalmente en el PC como segunda unidad, el problema es que el PC no lo reconoce en ningún lado, ya probé con el BIOS y con la administración de discos, simplemente no aparece. 

Mediante un adaptador, contecté el HDD vía USB y lo reconoce sin problema. 

Probé mi SDD con ambos cables SATA y en ambas posiciones (para disco uno y dos) y funciona normal.

¿Cómo puedo solucionar este problema?

Muchas Gracias.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@YA5

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Barachiel is at your service. 

I Understand you are in need of support,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message with the required information's,

Good Luck. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.