05-17-2016 08:48 AM
I would like to upgrade the Probook 440 G3 with a secondary storage a 2,5 500 GB SSD.
In this notebook primary storage is a 256 GB SSD M.2.
Is it possible the installation of both without removing the first 256 GB SSD M.2 (SSD M.2 Primary storage + SSD 2,5 Secondary storage)? If yes is it necessary to buy the Hard drive Hardware Kit (includes bracket and screws)? Thank you
05-17-2016 09:06 AM - edited 05-17-2016 09:07 AM
See p. 35 of the Manual here:
There is a SATA hard drive bay and it looks like the SATA connectors on the drive plug directly into the motherboard. The M.2 slot is at right angles and above the hard drive bay so yes, you can have both a 2.5 inch SATA SSD and also the M.2 mSSD. You can just add in the 2.5 inch SATA SSD (or hard drive) and you really do need the hard drive mounting kit otherwise the hard drive will rattle around in the bay and that is not good for the laptop or the drive.
Hard Drive Hardware Kit, includes: 826382-001
When you install the SSD or HDD storage drive you will have to initialize and mount it (assign a drive letter) in disk management. Let us know if you need any help.
If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot